Mulvagh_Cardiology_book_temp 26/10/2009 12:22 Page 26
necrosis in humans? J Am Soc Echocardiogr, 2002;15 predicting the extent of coronary artery disease, 135. Shimoni S, Zoghbi WA, Xie F, et al., Real-time assessment
(10 Pt 1):1080–86. J Am Coll Cardiol, 1995;26(1):18–25. of myocardial perfusion and wall motion during bicycle
101. van Der Wouw PA, Brauns AC, Bailey SE, Powers JE, Wilde 119. Nedeljkovic I, Ostojic M, Beleslin B, et al., Comparison of and treadmill exercise echocardiography: comparison
AA, Premature ventricular contractions during triggered exercise, dobutamine-atropine and dipyridamole-atropine with single photon emission computed tomography, J Am
imaging with ultrasound contrast, J Am Soc Echocardiogr, stress echocardiography in detecting coronary artery Coll Cardiol, 2001;37(3):741–7.
2000;13(4):288–94. disease, Cardiovasc Ultrasound, 2006;4:22. 136. Chiou KR, Huang WC, Lin SL, et al., Real-time dobutamine
102. Raisinghani A, Wei KS, Crouse L, et al., Myocardial 120. Picano E, Severi S, Michelassi C, et al., Prognostic stress myocardial contrast echocardiography for
contrast echocardiography (MCE) with triggered importance of dipyridamole-echocardiography test in detecting coronary artery disease: correlating abnormal
ultrasound does not cause premature ventricular coronary artery disease, Circulation, 1989;80(3):450–57. wall motion and disturbed perfusion, Can J Cardiol,
complexes: evidence from PB127 MCE studies, J Am Soc 121. Chuah SC, Pellikka PA, Roger VL, McCully RB, Seward JB, 2004;20(12):1237–43.
Echocardiogr, 2003;16(10):1037–42. Role of dobutamine stress echocardiography in 137. Korosoglou G, Dubart AE, DaSilva KG Jr, Real-time
103. Abdelmoneim SS, Bernier M, Scott CG, et al., Safety of predicting outcome in 860 patients with known or myocardial perfusion imaging for pharmacologic stress
contrast agent use during stress echocardiography: a suspected coronary artery disease, Circulation, testing: added value to single photon emission computed
cohort study from a single-center, 4-year experience with 1998;97(15):1474–80. tomography, Am Heart J, 2006;151(1):131–8.
26,774 patients, J Am Coll Cardiol Img, 2009; in press. 122. Poldermans D, Fioretti PM, Boersma E, et al., Long-term 138. Elhendy A, O’Leary EL, Xie F, et al., Comparative accuracy
104. Abdelmoneim SS, Bernier M, Scott C, et al., Safety of prognostic value of dobutamine-atropine stress of real-time myocardial contrast perfusion imaging and
contrast agents during stress echocardiography: a cohort echocardiography in 1737 patients with known or wall motion analysis during dobutamine stress
study from single center experience spanning 4 years suspected coronary artery disease: A single-center echocardiography for the diagnosis of coronary artery
and 26,774 patients, Circulation, 2008;118:S933. experience, Circulation, 1999;99(6):757–62. disease, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2004;44(11):2185–91.
105. Armstrong WF, O’Donnell J, Ryan T, Feigenbaum H, Effect 123. Elhendy A, Shub C, McCully RB, et al., Exercise 139. Malm S, Frigstad S, Torp H, et al., Quantitative adenosine
of prior myocardial infarction and extent and location of echocardiography for the prognostic stratification of real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography for
coronary disease on accuracy of exercise patients with low pretest probability of coronary artery detection of angiographically significant coronary artery
echocardiography, J Am Coll Cardiol, 1987;10(3):531–8. disease, Am J Med, 2001;111(1):18–23. disease, J Am Soc Echocardiogr, 2006;19(4):365–72.
106. Crouse LJ, Harbrecht JJ, Vacek JL, et al., Exercise 124. Marwick TH, Case C, Sawada S, et al., Prediction of 140. Moir S, Haluska BA, Jenkins C, et al., Myocardial blood
echocardiography as a screening test for coronary artery mortality using dobutamine echocardiography, J Am Coll volume and perfusion reserve responses to combined
disease and correlation with coronary arteriography, Am J Cardiol, 2001;37(3):754–60. dipyridamole and exercise stress: a quantitative
Cardiol, 1991;67(15):1213–18. 125. Marwick TH, Case C, Vasey C, et al., Prediction of approach to contrast stress echocardiography, J Am Soc
107. Laucevicius A, Berukstis E, Kosinskas E, Jablonskiene D, mortality by exercise echocardiography: a strategy for Echocardiogr, 2005;18(11):1187–93.
Ivaskeviciene L, Quantitative assessment of transient left combination with the duke treadmill score, Circulation, 141. Olszowska M, Kostkiewicz M, Tracz W, Przewlocki T,
ventricular asynergy in coronary artery disease, Clin 2001;103(21):2566–71. Assessment of myocardial perfusion in patients with
Cardiol, 1991;14(2):105–10. 126. Elhendy A, Mahoney DW, Khandheria BK, et al., coronary artery disease. Comparison of myocardial
108. Hecht HS, DeBord L, Shaw R, et al., Digital supine bicycle Prognostic significance of the location of wall motion contrast echocardiography and 99mTc MIBI single
stress echocardiography: a new technique for evaluating abnormalities during exercise echocardiography, J Am Coll photon emission computed tomography, Int J Cardiol,
coronary artery disease, J Am Coll Cardiol, 1993;21(4): Cardiol, 2002;40(9):1623–9. 2003;90(1):49–55.
950–56. 127. McCully RB, Roger VL, Mahoney DW, et al., Outcome 142. Peltier M, Vancraeynest D, Pasquet A, et al., Assessment
109. Ryan T, Segar DS, Sawada SG, et al., Detection of after abnormal exercise echocardiography for patients of the physiologic significance of coronary disease with
coronary artery disease with upright bicycle exercise with good exercise capacity: prognostic importance of dipyridamole real-time myocardial contrast
echocardiography, J Am Soc Echocardiogr, 1993;6(2):186–97. the extent and severity of exercise-related left echocardiography. Comparison with technetium-99m
110. Roger VL, Pellikka PA, Oh JK, Bailey KR, Tajik AJ, ventricular dysfunction, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2002;39(8): sestamibi single-photon emission computed tomography
Identification of multivessel coronary artery disease by 1345–52. and quantitative coronary angiography, J Am Coll Cardiol,
exercise echocardiography, J Am Coll Cardiol, 1994;24(1): 128. Yao SS, Qureshi E, Sherrid MV, Chaudhry FA, Practical 2004;43(2):257–64.
109–14. applications in stress echocardiography: risk stratification 143. Tsutsui JM, Xie F, McGrain AC, et al., Comparison of
111. Beleslin BD, Ostojic M, Stepanovic J, et al., Stress and prognosis in patients with known or suspected low-mechanical index pulse sequence schemes for
echocardiography in the detection of myocardial ischemic heart disease, J Am Coll Cardiol, detecting myocardial perfusion abnormalities during
ischemia. Head-to-head comparison of exercise, 2003;42(6):1084–90. vasodilator stress echocardiography, Am J Cardiol,
dobutamine, and dipyridamole tests, Circulation, 129. Shaw LJ, Vasey C, Sawada S, et al., Impact of gender on 2005;95(5):565–70.
1994;90(3):1168–76. risk stratification by exercise and dobutamine stress 144. Winter R, Gudmundsson P, Willenheimer R, Real-
112. Marwick TH, Anderson T, Williams MJ, et al., Exercise echocardiography: long-term mortality in 4234 women time perfusion adenosine stress echocardiography
echocardiography is an accurate and cost-efficient and 6898 men, Eur Heart J, 2005;26(5):447–56. in the coronary care unit: a feasible bedside tool
technique for detection of coronary artery disease in 130. Dolan MS, Riad K, El-Shafei A, et al., Effect of intravenous for predicting coronary artery stenosis in patients with
women, J Am Coll Cardiol, 1995;26(2):335–41. contrast for left ventricular opacification and border acute coronary syndrome, Eur J Echocardiogr, 2005;6(1):
113. Marwick TH, Torelli J, Harjai K, et al., Influence of left definition on sensitivity and specificity of dobutamine 31–40.
ventricular hypertrophy on detection of coronary artery stress echocardiography compared with coronary 145. Herzog CA, Incidence of adverse events associated with
disease using exercise echocardiography, J Am Coll Cardiol, angiography in technically difficult patients, Am Heart J, use of perflutren contrast agents for echocardiography,
1995;26(5):1180–86. 2001;142(5):908–15. JAMA, 2008;299(17):2023–5.
114. Luotolahti M, Saraste M, Hartiala J, Exercise 131. Moir S, Haluska BA, Jenkins C, et al., Incremental 146. Wei K, Mulvagh SL, Carson L, et al., The safety of deFinity
echocardiography in the diagnosis of coronary artery benefit of myocardial contrast to combined and Optison for ultrasound image enhancement: a
disease, Ann Med, 1996;28(1):73–7. dipyridamole-exercise stress echocardiography for the retrospective analysis of 78,383 administered contrast
115. Roger VL, Pellikka PA, Bell MR, et al., Sex and test assessment of coronary artery disease, Circulation, doses, J Am Soc Echocardiogr, 2008;21(11):1202–6.
verification bias. Impact on the diagnostic value of 2004;110(9):1108–13. 147. Gabriel RS, Smyth YM, Menon V, et al., Safety of
exercise echocardiography, Circulation, 1997;95(2):405–10. 132. Plana JC, Mikati IA, Dokainish H, et al., A randomized ultrasound contrast agents in stress echocardiography,
116. Marcovitz PA, Armstrong WF, Accuracy of dobutamine cross-over study for evaluation of the effect of image Am J Cardiol, 2008;102(9):1269–72.
stress echocardiography in detecting coronary artery optimization with contrast on the diagnostic accuracy of 148. Shaikh K, Chang SM, Peterson L, et al., Safety of contrast
disease, Am J Cardiol, 1992;69(16):1269–73. dobutamine echocardiography in coronary artery disease administration for endocardial enhancement during
117. Marangelli V, Iliceto S, Piccinni G, et al., Detection The OPTIMIZE Trial, JACC Cardiovasc Imaging, 2008;1(2): stress echocardiography compared with noncontrast
of coronary artery disease by digital stress 145–52. stress, Am J Cardiol, 2008;102(11):1444–50.
echocardiography: comparison of exercise, 133. Dolan MS, Gala SS, Dodla S, et al., Safety and efficacy of 149. Aggeli C, Giannopoulos G, Roussakis G, et al., Safety
transesophageal atrial pacing and dipyridamole commercially available ultrasound contrast agents for of myocardial flash-contrast echocardiography in
echocardiography, J Am Coll Cardiol, 1994;24(1): rest and stress echocardiography a multicenter combination with dobutamine stress testing for
117–24. experience, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2009;53(1):32–8. detection of ischemia in 5250 studies, Heart,
118. Dagianti A, Penco M, Agati L, et al., Stress 134. Porter TR, Xie F, Silver M, et al., Real-time perfusion 2008;94(12):1571–7.
echocardiography: comparison of exercise, imaging with low mechanical index pulse inversion
dipyridamole and dobutamine in detecting and Doppler imaging, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2001;37(3):748–53.
26 US CARDIOLOGY